Friday, August 28, 2015
- The city of Dallas asked U.S. District Judge Ed Kinkeade on Thursday to make the U.S. Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration respond to requests for information in the Dallas Love Field gate dispute.
- The regional airlines that provide half the country's flights want Congress to reduce a requirement that all commercial pilots have 1,500 hours of flight time when Federal Aviation Administration legislation is renewed later this year, but families of air crash victims plan to fight back.
- Latin America’s powerhouse LATAM Airlines Group marked the third anniversary of the merger between LAN and TAM with worsening conditions in one of its largest markets, Brazil.
- By employing a team of college seniors, Delta has gained direct insight into the needs of its next generation of customers. Students’ feedback following an eight-week intensive internship at the airline’s Atlanta headquarters formed the foundation for Delta’s groundbreaking approach to university partnerships.
- Premium U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines and British carrier Virgin Atlantic Airways recently chose to boost the trans-Atlantic network with the launch of two new routes.
- To accommodate both passengers and employees at Philadelphia International Airport during the pope's visit Sept. 26 and 27, SEPTA will operate its Airport Regional Rail Line into and out of the city every 30 minutes all day and evening, but with stops at only two stations.
- London Underground has delayed plans to start a 24-hour subway service on weekends, allowing more time for talks with unions demanding better pay and conditions.
Transit and Transportation Clips
- AAA predicts the busiest Labor Day weekend in the last seven years owing to the low oil prices and the rising wages. Almost 35.5 million Americans are expected to travel over the holiday and the majority will hit the road.
- The Federal Highway Administration released survey results that pointed to a lack of truck parking information and capacity across the nation and called for a national coalition to address the problem and help find targeted solutions.
- The New York City subway will soon connect to Manhattan’s far West Side as the 7 train begins service at a new subway station on Sept. 13, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority said Thursday.
- Pope Francis’ upcoming visit has caused apprehension towards the notion of what nearly two million visitors can do to smother the city.
- Staten Island - The DOT has decided to abandon its ridiculous plan for a new Midland Beach slow zone after facing stiff opposition from elected officials and residents.
Source: Travel And Tour World.Alexa Rank: 134,515. 8/28/2015
Hit Sentence: ... most liveable Mexico city, Chilpancingo the worst How Delta Air Linesstrives to remain relevant with future business travelers! Incredible History, Wildlife Wonders, Amazing Islands: Falkland...
Source: Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SCRA).Alexa Rank: 3,851,045. 8/28/2015
Hit Sentence: ... Safety Alliance in finding these solutions. The "Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century" Act (MAP-21) required the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) to conduct...
Source: Dallas Morning News. Circulation: 697,000. Alexa Rank: 3,935. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... Boeing 717-200 bound for Atlanta, taxis past a Southwest Airlinesaircraft at Dallas Love Field in June. (Smiley N. Pool/DMN) The city of Dallas asked U.S. District Judge Ed Kinkeade on Thursday to make the U.S. Department of Transportation and Fede...
Source: Wall Street Journal (Public access). Circulation: 2,378,800. Alexa Rank: 317.8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... Now Aug. 27, 2015 8:52 p.m. ET The New York City subway will soon connect to Manhattans far West Side as the 7 train begins...
Source: Philadelphia Sun Times.Alexa Rank: 3,689. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ...SEPTA solutions aim to ease Philadelphians worries ahead of Papal visitSEPTA solutions aim to ease...
Source: Staten Island Advance. Circulation: 61,500. Alexa Rank: 29,232. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... an amazing turnaround given Mayor Bill de Blasio's Vision Zero quest, a traffic program that the DOT has been a most faithful partner on. In...
Source: USA Today. Circulation: 1,674,300. Alexa Rank: 304. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... bonuses. For example, Endeavor Air - a regional affiliate for Delta Air Lines - offers a $20,000 annual retention payment through 2018. To recruit more potential pilots, airlines must show...
Source: CAPA - Center for Aviation.Alexa Rank: 105,271. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... Lima and Orlando, and will face competition from Delta Air Lines on its service from Brasilia to Orlando in late 2015. Air Canada operates direct service...
Delta inks partnership deals with nine universities that go beyond logo placement and into campus life
Source: World Airline News.Alexa Rank: 174,625. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... go beyond logo placement and into campus life Delta Air Lines (Atlanta) today made this announcement: Starting with the fall 2015 semester, Delta Air Lineswill...
Source: Rapid News Network.Alexa Rank: 99,149. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... with the launch of two new routes. The Delta Air Lines Inc. and Virgin Atlantic joint venture will start nonstop service Salt Lake City will be...
Source: Aviation Pros. Circulation: 17,800. Alexa Rank: 215,534. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ...SEPTA: Airport Line Will Operate Every 30 Minutes During Papal Visit" data-url="/news/12108087/septa-airport-line-will-operate-every-30-minutes-during-papal-visit" data-full-url="http://aviationpros.com/news/12108087/septa-airport-line-will-operate...
Source: Central Florida News 13 (CFN13).Alexa Rank: 28,101. 8/27/2015
Hit Sentence: ... London Underground delays plans for 24-hoursubway Associated Press TRACKING ERIKA: Latest Forecast & Interactive Tropical Storm Tracker. WATCH LIVE: News 13 Live Stream or on the Bright House TV app. TRAFFIC ALERT: I-4 West at Kirkman Road back op...